Requisition ID: 50362
Job Function/Category: Transmission and Distribution
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Manages appropriate internal and external resources to prepare negotiating positions, permit applications and supporting material and submittals necessary for federal, state, regional, and local permits, licenses and approvals for a $200 million to $400 million yearly capital program. Also provides supervision to several Permitting Specialists and a Project Engineer in support of these identified responsibilities. Provides input and expertise in the PMO Department development and setting of long term strategies. Develops short term tactics in support of those long term goals and strategies.
• Provides planning, permitting schedules and cost estimate inputs in support of all air, land, water, and real estate contracted services to secure the regulatory approvals for new construction and modifications to existing facilities, as well as renewals of existing operating permits for a $200 million to $400 million yearly capital program.
• Provides input and expertise for use in the development of the Department long term strategies. Develops short term tactics in support of those long term goals and strategies as well as improvement of a more thorough and timely permitting process.
• Oversees and assures completeness of permit applications in accordance with PSEGLI policies for a $200 million to $400 million yearly capital program. Advises and provides technical support, recommendations, alternatives and strategies to PSEG LI project stakeholders and LIPA. Participates in meetings with local, state and federal agencies relative to environmental issues/permits. Provides information in support of written comments and public testimony on regulatory proposals. Develops and creates environmental studies to satisfy permit and regulatory requirements as required.
• Establishes and maintains project permit matrices, monthly status reports, milestone reporting and forecasts, develop and update monthly project permit work plans, tracks the status of all permits. Creates construction and compliance requirements document, updates monthly portfolio exception report and manages all change processes.
• Provides supervision to Permitting Specialists and a Project Engineer in support of these identified responsibilities.
Required Education, Skills and Knowledge:
B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science preferred. Other B.S. Science degrees may be considered.
7 years of regulatory experience and/or utility experience.
Working experience with regulatory agencies or agency personnel in land use environmental and construction-related permit programs.
Very strong verbal/written skills. Ability to work with and positively influence teams. Collaboration, negotiation and communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to train and develop others.
Clearly demonstrated individual and team leadership.
Championing growth of skills of self and others through effective leadership of permitting efforts.
Previous experience in utility systems.
Team player, self-starter. Strong technical writing and attention to detail.
Ability to participate in teams engaged in resolution of permitting and DP & C strategy.
This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Desired skills and knowledge:
M.S. in Environmental, Engineering, Science, City and Regional Planning or equivalent.
10 years of regulatory experience.
Work experience in environmental consulting.
Licensed Professional in discipline of expertise.
Experience supervising or managing staff.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( ****) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please ****. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision