At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist. This position leads the preparation and submission for regulatory approvals and acts independently to identify and resolve problems. Provides regulatory guidance to cross-functional partners and demonstrates strategic thinking and creativity in support of programs. Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
* Prepares robust regulatory applications to achieve departmental and organizational objectives
* Creates, reviews and approves engineering change orders
* Acts as a regulatory representative on core product development teams, communicates regulatory requirements and impact of regulations to the development team
* Provides guidance and expertise
* Acts as liaison between the Company and the various appropriate regulatory agencies, ensuring that communications on both sides are germane, specific and convey all necessary detail
* Maintains ongoing surveillance and analysis of all pertinent domestic and international medical device regulations to ensure submission requirements world-wide are current, up-to-date and are entered into regulatory submission data base and file systems
* Reviews device labeling and marketing materials for compliance with FDA submissions and applicable regulations - Interfaces directly with FDA and other regulatory agencies
* Supports the product release process by creating licenses or reviewing and approving requests for product release
* Conducts reviews of product and manufacturing changes for compliance with applicable regulations - Reviews protocols and reports to support regulatory submissions
* BA or BS degree; technical discipline preferred
* A minimum of 5 years of technical experience, including at least 4 years of regulatory experience in a medical device industry
* Experience working with Class III Medical Devices (Transcatheter valve experience is a plus)
* Experience with IDE supplements, PMA supplements and US device regulations and experience with EU and other international medical device regulations and submissions
* Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
* Ability to travel approximately 10%
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
TRAVEL UP TO 10% - SOME INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL.
OPEN TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES AT LOWER LEVEL.
JOB FAMILY:Regulatory Operations
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota : 177 East County Rd B
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Website : http://www.3m.com
3M is a global innovation company that never stops inventing. Over the years, our innovations have improved daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. We have made driving at night easier, made buildings safer, and made consumer electronics lighter, less energy-intensive and less harmful to the environment. We even helped put a man on the moon. Every day at 3M, one idea always leads to the next, igniting momentum to make progress possible around the world.