Siemens Financial Services Inc.
Siemens Postal Parcel and Airport Logistic LLC (PPAL) is seeking an experienced Attorney to provide leadership in our Lead Counsel & Compliance Officer, Americas role located at our Dallas/Ft. Worth location. This position reports to the CEO of Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics (SPPAL) operating company in the U.S. In this role, the individual will be responsible for supporting the legal needs of SPPAL in the US and managing the legal team members, including the Compliance function and Contract Management. This position also holds the Corporate Secretary position for SPPAL. Additionally, this position will have oversight and reporting responsibility for the Legal and Compliance function in Canada. The attorney is a member of the executive team and participates in strategic planning discussions. This attorney manages all aspects of the legal department including managing litigation docket, overseeing the compliance function, setting legal policies for the company, administering the department budget, and overseeing all SPPAL legal personnel. This individual is also responsible for monitoring compliance with governance documents. Federal contracting experience is an advantage.
The main areas of responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with SPPAL Senior Management and contribute to the success of the business by providing practical legal and business advice
- Lead selection and performance of outside counsel and oversee litigation matters
- Provide advice on applicable laws and risk mitigation strategies
- Participate in risk review and approval meetings for new projects and prepare legal approval documents.
- Develop legal policies and strategies for the business in consultation with the global SPPAL legal team and in coordination with the SPPAL General Counsel.
- Develop and provide legal/compliance training to the organization
- Manage the department budget
- Participate as part of the SPPAL global Compliance team including rolling out SPPAL Compliance initiatives and reporting to SPPAL’s Chief Compliance Officer on significant Compliance matters.
- Manage all corporate governance functions
- Provide legal advice where required during contract negotiations, contract amendments and review various contracts as needed.
- Provide pre-claim strategies to protect projects and Investigate, manage and prepare contract claims
Education – Law degree from accredited university, with a current bar license in at least one U.S. state
Knowledge – Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for a major functional area and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Demonstrates advances understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Experience – Typically 10 + years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities while working in a large organization and with external contacts. Experience with construction or infrastructure projects, claims management, and federal/government contracts preferred.
Supervise multiple employees. Maintains performance management responsibilities for employees under purview.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Financial Services Inc.
Website : http://www.siemens.com
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role. As of September 30, 2015, we had around 348,000 employees in more than 200 countries. In fiscal 2015, they generated revenues of €75.6 billion.