RSM currently supports global indirect compliance primarily through coordinating compliance services
delivered by local member firms across the world. Whereas this model works exceptionally well we recognize that clients need a wider choice of service delivery options. To this end we have made the strategic decision to invest in a new centralized compliance function, which will be based in the US supporting our globally active clients. This function will have the capability to process VAT returns
and similar documents directly.
This central function will use dedicated software to automate much of the data processing and return
preparation processes, but will also require oversight, quality assurance and client care provided by a team of professionals.
Indirect tax compliance is a core service offering and forms one of the main pillars of our global indirect tax practice. This is a function that is fully integrated with other indirect tax services to provide our clients with a complete and joined up global experience.
We are looking to hire an experienced individual to:
Provide day-to-day operational oversight of the service offering, including:
• Work with management and technology teams to develop the service offering
• Oversee the development and implementation of strategies to continuously improve the quality and service while strengthening controls
• Direct, oversee and quality assure workflow
• Take ownership and accountability for creation, achievement, and assessment of performance against performance and financial metrics and objectives
• Work with support teams to develop, refine and implement a go to market strategy
Provide day-to-day management and leadership of the service center, including:
• Build a high performance, collaborative culture focused on client satisfaction
• Help integrate the compliance service team with the firm by building and fostering relationships within the regions
• Manage employment lifecycle: hiring, training, coaching, developing, evaluating, mentoring and, as required, terminating employees
• Clearly and consistently communicate with the team and internal customers
• Collaborate with offsite teams and leaders nationally
• Effectively manage change and grow the service center over time
• Work with wider client engagement teams to support client sales opportunities and account planning
• Build and develop relationships within member firms across the world
The successful candidate will:
• Have relevant experience and knowledge of global indirect tax compliance processes either gained from an in house role or with a professional service firm
• Be able to demonstrate leadership and motivational skills to support the development of individual team members
• Be able to show knowledge of ERP and tax technology systems
• Be prepared to travel to meet with clients and colleagues to help in the sales and delivery process
• Need to show excellent communication skills as this will be a key component of the role
• Be passionate and enthusiastic about the service offering and the value it delivers to the firm and our clients
• Be able to work with clients in an advisory capacity to help improve compliance processes and procedures based on findings from the compliance services we deliver
• Bachelors degree
• 10 years of experience within an indirect tax role either gained in-house or with a global professional services firm
• 5-7 years of supervisory experience in a service center or a professional services firm
• 4 years management experience
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
To apply, visit: ****