Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
The Director of Outpatient Rehabilitation has the responsibility to provide leadership for assigned areas of responsibility for outpatient programs on the Mary Free Bed campus and within Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Network. This leader is responsible for business planning and development, business strategy, staffing, staff training and development, quality improvement, community relations, physician relations, program development, clinical outcomes, compliance, customer satisfaction, marketing, productivity, establishing quality and financial benchmarks, day-to-day operations, and guiding research endeavors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Program Leadership -Directs activities in assigned programs and service lines to assure high value services (as measured by patient outcomes and operational costs). Maintains and pursues accreditation and certifications of programs under their leadership.
* Partner Relations - Maintains effective working relationships with outpatient contract services, Network members, potential partner relationships, and other healthcare providers and related entities in the community, to assure stability and enhancement of Mary Free Bed's outpatient operations. Develops and maintains quality customer service and loyalty with new and existing customers. Performs consultatively with senior leadership to manage contract negotiations, Network member development, business planning for outpatient services contract areas, and future business development.
* Fiscal Responsibility -Identifies, reports and manages in a timely fashion all key performance indicators (KPI) relative to the operations of assigned programs and services. Prepares and monitors operating, personnel, and capital budgets for identified outpatient service areas to meet programmatic needs, new service development, and financial goals. Monitors and assures achievement of productivity targets..
* Staff Selection and Performance Management - Provides program leadership related to selection, hiring, orientation and training of new staff. Establishes measurable goals for each leader to achieve with time and volume expectations. Provides management support and direct supervision of staff as may be required. Provides regular feedback regarding performance to those team members who have direct reporting relationship to the Director. Develops performance goals and appropriate methods of measuring progress and accountability. Conducts performance evaluations.
* Staff competencies - The Director assures that staff competencies to perform job responsibilities is assessed and demonstrated, and maintained according to regulatory and accreditation requirements.
* Program Evaluation and Quality Improvement -Provides leadership related to quality improvement, ensuring appropriate standards of care in outpatient services are aligned with the hospital and met for patients in each program, in accordance with hospital goals, policies, and procedures. This includes clinical standards of care, monitoring and mentoring of staff, and compliance with accreditation agencies (JCAHO, CARF, and CHAP, etc.). Ensures program compliance with all safety, procedural, and accrediting standards.
* Professional Work Environment - Encourages a culture of personal accountability, solution-seeking behavior, mutual respect, open-communication, openness to change, enthusiasm, and organizational pride. Establishes and utilizes objective measures to provide feedback to all staff.
* Interdepartmental and Interdisciplinary Collaboration - Promotes collaboration with other disciplines, departments, and institutions. Works to effectively integrate all members of the patient care team to provide outstanding rehabilitation services to both internal and external customers.
* Program Development and Marketing - Assures that access to services are completed in a timely and professional manner from referral sources.Provides program leadership related to the development of policies, procedures, and protocols for clinical issues and program development. Provides leadership for development of marketing activities. Acts as an organization liaison by networking with other healthcare organizations throughout the community.
* Leadership Must-Haves will be followed for patient and staff interactions:
* Thank You Notes
* Employee Selection/Peer Interviewing
* Key Words at Key Times
* AIDET(R) Promise
* Standards of Behavior
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* Licensed healthcare professional in the State of Michigan
* 5 years of experience in clinical leadership/management
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of healthcare billing and coding
* Experience in healthcare compliance management/and or consulting
* Knowledge of clinical outcomes assessment tools and strategies
* Ability to interpret numerical and statistical information related to clinical, financial, and customer service outcomes
* Demonstrated commitment to organizational mission with a \\whatever it takes\\ attitude to get the job done
* Physical Demands
* The physical ability to lift, position, and transport patients.
* The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb.
* The ability to hear, speak, write, and see (correctable vision).
* The ability to frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift in excess of 75 pounds.
* The ability to occasionally push, pull, or carry weight anywhere from 1 to 100 pounds while assisting patients and moving equipment.
* The ability to exert up to 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, 10-20 pounds of force frequently, and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity is all of the ways we differ individually, interpersonally and organizationally. Understanding diversity involves the recognition of cultural and other differences and traditions by identifying and empathizing with differing beliefs and behaviors. Mary Free Bed will use the strength of these differences to improve services to its community.
Mary Free Bed values diversity among the patients, families and communities it serves. Creativity and sensitivity to individual needs and differences are valued.
Mary Free Bed values diversity among its staff. Staff who share our organizational values are recruited from all areas of the workforce. Mary Free Bed fosters an environment that embraces differences by enhancing the staff s knowledge and experience. Our staff will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?