**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is seeking a Risk and Compliance Manager
The employee in this position is primarily responsible for providing risk management, regulatory compliance, loss control, safety assessment and training. These activities will relate to liability, workers compensation, vehicle coverages, and regulatory compliance for financing and insurance operations. They will also be responsible for training, auditing, claims reporting, liaison with Corporate Risk Manager, dealership employees and insurance company personnel. OSHA and environmental regulation compliance is also a major job focus to help ensure a safe environment for Summit Automotive’s employees and customers.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND JOB DUTIES
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job classification and are not intended to be all- inclusive for the specific position.
Liability Risk Management
1. Reviews, investigates and records all incident reports and works closely with liability insurance company claims representatives and attorneys of claims and litigation.
2. Reviews, investigates and records company vehicle accident reports. Resolves all claims by working closely with vehicle (Business Auto) insurance company on all claims.
3. Reviews, investigates and records Workers’ Compensation claims, including completing OSHA reports, following up on claims, and working closely with workers’ compensation insurance administrator; ensures proper handling of all on-the-job injuries to ensure completion of accident reports, post-accident drug testing, and works with supervisor to ensure all requirements are met prior to the employee’s return to work.
4. In conjunction with Human Resources, coordinates administration of all on-the-job injury claims with requirements under the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to ensure compliance and coordination of benefits.
5. Maintains liability, Workers’ Compensation and OSHA records and documentation as required by law.
1. Ensures governmental compliance of all current safety-related and OSHA laws and regulations; maintains records and documentation as required by law, including OSHA 300 log,
2. Coordinates occupational safety program; lead departmental action plans for issues/gaps identified during; Communicate with dealership management and Corporate Risk Manager on issues raised throughout program.
3. Develops and maintains company safety and risk management programs, guidelines and policies; works closely with Human Resources to develop “Fit-for-duty” policy; coordinates individual department safety needs, supplies, safety and risk management documents and all safety related issues.
4. Pre and post loss responsibilities to advise on training, policies and procedures, departmental management decision-making and use of PPEs etc. I know much of this is in the job description but it might be good to reference the entire Occupational Safety Analysis process as a fundamental business-operating platform.
5. Coordinates, tracks and records weekly/monthly department safety meetings and monthly department site inspections. Provides senior management with record of meetings held in order to ensure compliance with the program.
6. Analyze risk compliance issues and providing statistical reporting.
7. Works closely with Human Resources to ensure that all employee testing requirements are in compliance with state and federal laws; ensures that all positive test results are handled appropriately and actions taken with employee are in compliance with state and federal laws and company fit-for-duty policies.
Environmental Risk Management
1. Ensures environmental compliance with all current county, state and federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Hazardous Materials, Material Safety Data Sheets, Hazardous waste management; maintains records and documentation as required by law.
Finance and Insurance (F&I) Compliance
1. Accountable for overseeing and executing the programs necessary to ensure the company is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations while developing and implementing strategy, structure, and processes.
2. Supports the dealership’s initiative in Safeguard and Transaction compliance programs.
3. Carry out regular internal reviews and or audits and investigations to ensure that company is compliant to policies and procedures.
4. Initiate & maintain regular communication with the executive team, board, and legal counsel on the status of company’s compliance. Preserve documentation of all compliance activities.
5. Stay updated on proficient knowledge of existing and emerging legal and compliance rules and regulations applicable to the company’s businesses (automotive finance/leasing company, dealerships, floor plan company, etc.)
1. Communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and outside contacts.
2. Review, comprehend and maintain all necessary documentation.
3. Support continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities and recommending appropriate process changes; recommend process changes to maintain the highest quality standards.
4. Must have ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
1. This position requires skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a BA or BS degree in Business Administration, Insurance or Risk Management.
2. 3 years experience in Safety and Risk management or similar discipline, preferably a working knowledge of automotive dealership operations.
3. Must be knowledgeable of current tort law and Workers’ Compensation laws.
4. Basic understanding of Regulations specifically- GLBA, Regulation P, FCRA, TILA, ECOA, FTC Red Flag Rules, OFAC Compliance, Magnus Moss Warranty Act.
5. Ability and willingness to develop new skills and maintain up-to-date knowledge of automotive industry.
6. Experience in the design and implementation of regulatory controls and the processes to monitor them.
7. Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
8. Ability to independently plan, execute, follow-up, and drive program excellence.
9. Strong attention to detail and high quality work product.
10. Ability to work well with people across cultures at all levels within the organization.
11. High level of discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
12. High level of initiative, self-sufficiency and self-direction
13. Ability to manage multiple tasks
14. Ability to consider multiple viewpoints
15. Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills