To supervise the assigned shift (Saturday through Wednesday) in a safe and efficient manner. Supervise the union employees, create and manage the work schedule on a daily basis, schedule and manage the maintenance, observe and train the employees per the KM safety program.
• Supervises shift operations, maintenance, technical and administrative activities in a manner consistent with safe Company operations, maintenance, financial and organizational requirements
•Supervises the development of terminal personnel
•Assures the utilization of specific controls, procedures and safety criteria for each of the terminal functions
•Assess and recommend new procedures to reduce costs and improve productivity
•Understand the operations and has the ability to supervise union employees within operation effectively
•Requires availability to support Plant Superintendent & Terminal manager, and assist in managing multiple operations such as Barge offloading/loading, rail car loading/offloading, and truck loading/offloading.
•Support new business as it arrives
•Flexible work hours based on customer demand
This position is responsible for providing direction for the daily operations, productivity and safe handling of materials at a petroleum and chemical bulk liquid storage facility. Perform all work in compliance with Company standards and procedures requirements. Mandatory drug screen and background check upon hire. Responsible for understanding, Interpreting and communicating the conditions of employment for union employees, governed by the agreement between **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. and the Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, energy, Allied-Industrial and Service Workers International Union. The Operations Superintendent is actively involved with the Terminal Manager in developing and implementing plans consistent with the overall objectives of the facility.
Summary of major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Assuring the safety of workforce and safekeeping of customer product.
•Developing, implementing, and assuring compliance with company policies and procedure.
•Assuring compliance with governmental regulations.
•Managing the department’s expenditures efficiently and responsibly.
•Assisting in the planning and administration of the facility’s labor relations policies and programs.
•Working with employees to correct deficiencies through a defined performance program.
•Assuring customer product quality maintenance through lab services direction.
•Coordinating with Customer Service, Finance, Maintenance, and engineering departments.
•Maintaining communications with customers concerning their operational needs.
•Assisting the commercial group in managing customer relationships including new business, contract renewals, expansion of current business, and business review management.
•Assuring quality and reliability of the associated IT, operational, and pipeline systems.
•Responsible for the hiring of the appropriate personnel in accordance with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s EEO policy
•Managing the workforce in accordance with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s personnel policies and practices;
•Taking disciplinary action as needed; completing and conducting performance reviews and making wage increase recommendations in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
Participate in the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. SQE culture, participating in the 14 points of SQE, training, and supporting the KM motto and 6 Core Principles:
Do The Right Thing Every Day
1) Safety Will Not Be Compromised 2) Environmentally Compliant and Responsible Operator 3) Ethics and Integrity 4) Commitment to Employees and Resources 5) Customer Service and Fiscal Responsibility 6) Quality Focus
Middle Level – Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years of progressively more responsible industry experience in appropriate operations areas
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience relative to Bulk operations including experience with rail loading and unloading, truck loading and unloading, and barge loading and unloading
• Demonstrated knowledge of electrical control systems, PLC systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical issues related to the bulk transfer industry
• Basic understanding of bulk transfer equipment such as grain legs, conveyors, mobile equipment such as forklifts and loaders, and understanding the cement unloading equipment
• Strong supervision and planning skills in a union environment and with demonstrated ability and practical judgment to handle diverse and/or complex operations problems
• Ability to take initiative, exhibit self direction, and work with co-workers as a team to accomplish defined goals in a challenging environment
• Good communications, motivational, and coordination skills
• Will be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager, available to respond during working and non-working hours as required; maximum response time to call-outs is one (1) hour
• Conduct safety meetings in compliance with company policy in a professional manner
• Investigate and report incidents
• Ability to work in an environment that includes cement dust, grain dust, and salt
• Must be able to wear standard PPE (Hard Hat, Goggles, Rain Gear, Steel Toe Boots)
• Physical requirements include, but may not be limited to, walking up and down stairs/ladders, negotiating uneven surfaces, and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Excellent communication skills, both person to person and electronic communication
• Excellent math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions)
• Maintain regular dependable attendance and high level of performance
• Open to a flexible work schedule. Weekend, overtime and holidays as required. Typical 9-12 hour shifts required. Day shift required during winter seasons and training period. Afternoon and night shifts during the barge unloading season.
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen upon offer
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
• Other related duties as assigned
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge (above the minimum requirements; not required, but advantageous in this position)
• Previous experience with grain leg operations
• Previous experience in the bulk loading and offloading industry
• Previous experience in hydraulics, welding, electrical, and PLC equipment
• Previous experience managing/supervising union employees
• Experience in supervising multiple operations simultaneously
• Experience with Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
• Managing of maintenance software
• Knowledge of this type of industry maintenance, including but not limited to Volvo loaders, Skid Steer loaders, forklifts, Backhoe, Cranes, Remote control cranes, and PLC operation systems
Website : http://www.kindermorgan.com