Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico
This position will be responsible for providing regulatory compliance support to TCPR (Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico) management and business units. The incumbent must demonstrates knowledge of and follow compliance policies, procedures, and regulations that affect TCPR’s day to day work, including responsibilities related to supplier management.
The Compliance Sr. Specialist will monitor the regulatory compliance implementation and provide guidelines, ideas and support to business units. Must ensure revision of all the FOPP’s amendments and make the corresponding changes to the policies and procedures for TCPR. Will be responsible for documenting the operating processes of TCPR to determine the overall business needs including interactions with TCPR departments. In addition, will also be responsible for timely and successful completion of all assigned compliance trainings and assessments.
Incumbent must have a risk focused approach to assessment and monitoring of TCPR’s business units and must detect regulatory compliance deficiencies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List the primary duties and indicate the percent of time that will be spent on each one. (Percentages do not have to total 100%, but should represent the majority of the associate’s responsibilities.) Begin each function with an action word such as advice, approve, analyze, create, design, perform, etc. (Example: 40% Support DSSO Business Finance Sales – add detail information). Include the nature and purpose of contact with others noting typical business contact associated with job duties. (Example: interacts with external regulatory agencies).
Compliance Assessments & Trainings
· Coordinates the development and design of compliance risk tests and evaluations for TCPR, including working papers development and sampling.
· Coordinates the compliance risk monitoring and evaluation with the different departments.
· Monitors and evaluates TCPR’s departments on compliance risk matters in accordance with the working plan.
· Prepares Compliance Reports for TCPR and discusses it with the Compliance Supervisor and the In-House Attorney & Compliance Manager.
· Coordinates and executes trainings in accordance with the compliance risk evaluation results.
· Assures that recommendations resulting from compliance reports are implemented.
40% Documentation and Maintenance of TCPR Operating Policies, Procedures & Operational Forms
· Interviews TCPR Team Members during the analysis of the processes in order to have a better understanding of the duties performed.
· Documents the operating processes of TCPR to determine the overall business needs including interactions with TFS departments.
· Uses Innovation tools to document operating policies and procedures as guidelines for TCPR operations that optimize performance efficiencies and mitigate potential risks.
· Seeks methods to integrate TCPR workflow procedures with new or existing TMS/TFS technology and map new processes as they are adopted.
· Assists in preparing policy recommendations for approval by Compliance Supervisor.
· Assists in the implementation of new policies and procedures, as adopted.
· Maintains hard and soft copy of all the Policies, procedures, workflows, etc. created; ensures approval emails and documentation is kept in the files.
· Assists with the evaluation of the existing TCPR operational forms in order to validate and assign form number.
· Integrates all new TCPR Operational forms into the system after assigning a valid number.
· Maintains an updated inventory of the existing TCPR operational forms.
· Directs the design and development of new TCPR forms to ensure consistency with current procedures and business requirements. Explores methods to integrate TCPR forms and related workflow procedures with any new or existing TMS/TFS technologies
· Publish TCPR Forms and Policies & Procedures Announcement.
20% Other Duties
· Supports Compliance Supervisor and In-House Attorney & Compliance Manager with TCPR’s projects.
· Preparation of a quarterly Compliance Newsletter.
o Identify the topic to be discussed.
o Create new ways to ensure that all TCPR members read the newsletter.
· Review, evaluate, and verify CSI SOS Ticket requests in a promptly and effective manner.
At least three years of experience on a Compliance position in the Banking Industry or Regulatory Agency preferred.
Automotive finance and/or credit and collections experience preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Fully Bilingual; both written and oral..
Good analytical, interpersonal, writing, attention to detail, problem solving, decision making, time management, research, and communications skills.
Ability to effectively work with new and changing situations, including new industry regulations.
Able to consolidate, compare and decipher quantitative data quickly and accurately.
Team worker and change agent
Able to identify improvements in current TCPR methods and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Compliance: 3 years
Toyota Credit de Puerto Rico