Lumber Liquidators, Inc.
With more than 370 locations, Lumber Liquidators is North America’s largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring. Our associates drive our success through a commitment to providing customers with the highest quality product at the lowest prices. Lumber Liquidators offers excellent career growth opportunities. Our compensation package for store sales positions includes additional earnings potential offered through our store bonus program. Other benefits include a low premium medical plan, paid holidays and time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer match that is immediately vested, and a casual work environment.
Job Summary for Posting
Job Title: Analyst, Global Compliance
Reports To: Manager, Global Compliance
Job Status: Exempt
Number of People Supervised: 0
General Position Summary:
This position will provide analytical and technical support to facilitate the Company’s global legal and regulatory compliance requirements with a focus on the lawful sourcing of raw materials and production related rules and best practices. In addition, responsibilities include the validation of information provided by suppliers of Lumber Liquidators’ products to monitor adherence to the Company’s requirements and standards.
Primary (Essential) Functions:
* Research and evaluate raw material sources and requirements for global products and vendors.
* Collect, review, analyze, and validate documentation provided to support purchase orders across the supply chain.
* Perform purchase order audits.
* Identify potential “red flags” within the supply chain.
* Provide data analysis and reporting related to purchase orders and required government regulatory filings/declarations (i.e., Form PPQ-505), to include raw material usage and waste.
* Support the maintenance of relevant data sources related to new & existing products and product mixes.
* Support/administer compliance systems including integrations, i.e., the implementation of proprietary IT platforms for the management of compliance matters related to purchasing and importation requirements.
* Assist in the design and development of compliance procedures, desk-top references guides and tools.
* Help draft and deliver communications and training initiatives to drive compliance.
* Serve as a subject-matter resource to buyers, vendors and supply chain leaders to facilitate the lawful sourcing of raw materials.
Secondary (Non-Essential) Functions:
* Support other Compliance team initiatives, special duties and projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
* Demonstrated proficiency with document audits, and database design, management, and reporting.
* Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving,critical thinking and listening skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to research and effectively summarize difficult topics including law.
* Detail oriented; ability to process high volume work load within deadline with high level of accuracy.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Ability to work cross functionally with a fast paced leadership team.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to develop and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Ability to work extended hours to meet company needs.
* Ability to demonstrate calmness under pressure.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, required
2 to 5 years of experience with data analysis, audit, math analytics, contract analysis/review, or high volume document and administrative support; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Company has reviewed this position summary to ensure that a description of the basic expectations, required qualifications and physical requirements have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as the job description which provides a complete list of essential functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and does not change the “at-will” relationship. Lumber Liquidators reserves the right to change this position summary, the job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. Contact the Human Resources department (HR) with any questions.
Lumber Liquidators is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Lumber Liquidators, Inc.
Website : http://www.lumberliquidators.com
Lumber Liquidators (NYSE: LL) began in 1993 when Tom Sullivan, a building contractor, began purchasing excess wood that other companies didn't need and reselling it from the back of a trucking yard in Stoughton, Massachusetts. The company found its niche market in hardwood flooring. The first store opened on January 5, 1996 in West Roxbury, Massachusetts selling 150 sq ft of flooring the first day. Eight months later, a second store opened in Hartford, Connecticut and from there the increase continued.