Supervision Manager - Consumer Compliance
Supervision Manager – Consumer Compliance
Supervision and Regulation Department
/ Applications will be accepted through end of day Monday, 6/25/2018
The Supervision Manager manages a team of individuals who carry out core supervisory activities, conduct horizontal analysis and/or identify key risk trends across the 7th District and the Federal Reserve System. The Supervision Manager is responsible for and has demonstrated success in managing one or two disciplines or risks.
The Supervision Manager is not typically assigned to specific exams and generally provides tools to assist bank examination operations and handles complex questions from examiners in the field or from the Board of Governors. The Supervision Manager may participate in special projects or process improvement initiatives at the team, Division or Department level to continuously advance the quality of bank supervision.
The Supervision Manager develops, coaches and leads staff to strengthen their skills as bank supervisors. This position will allow the opportunity to lead a team of experts engaged in serving the public interest by ensuring fair and responsible interactions between banks and their customers. The Supervision Manager will collaborate with consumer compliance experts throughout the Federal Reserve System.
The level of work is considered advanced and the individual must be able to work under minimal supervision. This position has direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates team member activities with other leaders within the Department and System
• Leads and contributes to teamwork within the business unit and across the department
• Works on complex issues in which analysis of situations and data requires an evaluation of various factors
• Implements operational processes that assist with risk identification and management
• Reviews internal processes to ensure effective team function
• Reviews industry trends in relevant technical or professional knowledge areas and determines applicability to the team functions
• Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with staff management within the District, Board of Governors, supervised firms and other Reserve Banks or regulatory agencies
• Evaluates team skills and assists with building team skill sets to meet business needs
• Evaluates team member performance, provides coaching and performance feedback broadly to others in the Department, and reviews and approves the work of others
• Coaches and develops staff and ensures a productive performance management process
• Recommends promotions, salary actions and makes effective hiring and personnel decisions
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Master’s in Economics, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
• Five plus years of direct work related experience or risk management experience required
Knowledge and Skills
• Well versed in consumer protection regulations and risk focused supervision
• Demonstrates business judgment, independent thinking and decision-making abilities
• Strong written and oral communication abilities
• Possesses the ability to lead teams, assess talent and create accountability
• Possesses the ability to execute and communicate strategy by leveraging business knowledge
Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
• Applicants must be Protected Individuals as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
• As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank`s ethics rules which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
• Travel approximately 15%
*Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Supervision Manager - Consumer Compliance