Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The Info Security Engineer is responsible for effectively planning, designing, implementing and monitoring security technologies and projects that support the firms' underlying security policies and procedures. Design, document and implement appropriate security policies and standards that protect the firms' information assets. The position will utilize highly technical and physical forensics to ensure that security policies, standards and best practices are followed throughout the technology organization-including where vendors are utilized to provide services.
- Design, oversee and/or perform comprehensive risk/vulnerability systems assessments to identify vulnerabilities, including providing reporting on assessment results as well as risk mitigation and remediation recommendations and plans.
- Keep current with emerging security trends, issues and alerts.
- Communicate known security risks and solutions to mitigate risks to business and technology partners as needed.
- Manage audits of vendor security processes, procedures and compliance controls.
Testing Strategy & Execution
- Serve as a security expert on application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) projects, helping project teams comply with enterprise and Technology security policies, industry regulations and best practices.
- Through a deep understanding of the business requirements, identify the appropriate security requirements for each project.
- Design, develop and lead the testing approach and execution plan to ensure that new and existing solutions meet security requirements.
- Analyze application security needs based on the sensitivity or proprietary nature of the data and work with the appropriate teams to develop and execute new or existing security technologies or processes to support the business strategy.
- Participate in network architecture reviews and develop detailed security engineering design and deployment plans.
- Design, test, implement, maintain and support current and future information security technologies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the configuration of security controls to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect from unauthorized access or intentional destruction.
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee the enforcement of all technology information security policies, procedures and associated plans based on industry standards, best practices and legal compliance requirements.
- Implement changes to existing security policies and control standards to stay current with the threat landscape.
- Assist and/or lead projects related to information security regulatory compliance and the implementation and maintenance of all information security programs, processes and technologies.
- Assess and document the need for all security configurations or re-configurations and work with appropriate teams to execute them as required.
- Research, design and advocate new security technologies, architectures and security products that will support the security requirements of the firm.
- Assume the subject matter expert (SME) role in the management, investigation and response to suspected and actual information security breaches or system failures.
- Using data collected from a variety of tools, provide forensic analysis of security events.
- Analyze security incidents to determine root cause and identify process or system changes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Recommend and schedule fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures and other required measures in the event of a security breach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Technology Forensics or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years experience installing, monitoring and maintaining information security solutions - including policy design and implementation.
- 3 years experience evaluating and designing security solutions for technology projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of security related technologies and practices, including: authentication and authorization systems, endpoint protection, encryption, segmentation strategies, vulnerability management, secure remote access, and fire walls.
- Strong/diverse technical background in enterprise networking, firewall, storage options, server infrastructure, operating systems, database technologies, and desktop operating systems and security.
- Demonstrated experience contributing and collaborating effectively as an informal leader in a high-functioning team.- Effective organizational, analytical and independent problem solving skills.- Successful experience coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.- Strong presentation skills with experience addressing and interfacing with executives and technical staff.- Experience working in the financial services industry or other highly regulated/compliance oriented environments.- Experience with regulatory compliance issues such as: FFIEC, OFCC, SEC and Federal Reserve plus: SOX, GLBA and PCI.
Apply for this job at https://ameriprise.contacthr.com/60575921
View More Ameriprise Jobs
Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Website : https://www.ameriprise.com
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.