Purchase, NY, United States
Manager, Legal Compliance
Mastercard is committed to protecting our network from being used to facilitate money laundering or terrorist financing. The Global Anti Money Laundering (AML) Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has implemented a customer monitoring program to meet regulatory obligations, support internal stakeholder investigations and to ensure that customers have robust programs in place to meet Mastercard requirements.
• Review and Disposition Level II AML Customer transaction monitoring alerts through:
Consultation with AML Regional Advisory and cross functional teams, including Account Management and Product teams
Direct interaction with Customers
Consultation with Global Business Services Center Analysis (GBSC) team and FIU management
• Thoroughly document alert resolutions and escalate as necessary for further action through AML Regional Advisory team
• Conduct AML/Sanctions Customer onsite reviews in consultation with the AML Regional Advisory team, to measure compliance with Mastercard Rules
Includes scheduling reviews, collecting/reviewing documentation, traveling to the customer site or conducting virtual reviews
• Write comprehensive reports in consultation with the AML Regional Advisory team
• Maintain accurate and timely tracking of reports and follow-up actions, including customer remediation
All About You
• Bachelor degree required, or equivalent banking/financial operations, payments industry, risk management or compliance related experience
• Strong understanding of AML, BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC controls and requirements
• ACAMS Certification preferred
• Up to 40% travel required
• Bilingual-Spanish preferred
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to proactively manage time and be able to prioritize assignments to meet target dates and deadlines, while delivering thorough, accurate and quality work product
• Effective scheduling and planning skills
• Ability to work independently, follow and execute procedures with limited to no supervision, work in a fast paced and dynamic environment while handling multiple tasks, and consistently meeting established deadlines
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
• Ability to monitor and interpret information and make accurate decisions
• Must have thorough and persistent follow-up skills
• Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Superior communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to write comprehensive factual, concise and detailed reports and memorandums
• Minimum working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Website : http://www.mastercard.com/index.html
MasterCard is a technology company and payments industry leader. For more than four decades, we have been a driving force at the heart of commerce, making the global economy safer, more efficient, more inclusive and more transparent for all. Consumers, merchants, business partners and governments in markets around the world have reaped the benefits of our innovative products and solutions which, simply put, are designed to make life easier.