Assistant Vice President - Consumer Compliance
Assistant Vice President – Consumer Compliance
Supervision and Regulation Department
/ Applications will be accepted through end of day Monday, 6/25/18
Supervision and Regulation plays a critical role in the Bank's core mission, supervising regulating state chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System, bank holding companies, financial holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. Our duty is to foster the stability, integrity and efficiency of the nation's monetary, financial and payment systems to promote optimal economic performance. We seek individuals who hold themselves to the highest standards, who flourish in an environment of collaboration and innovation. Our most successful staff has strong critical thinking skills, as well as strong verbal and written communications capability.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Bank) has an immediate opening within the Supervision and Regulation (S&R) department for an Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Consumer Compliance. The AVP of Consumer Compliance is a trusted member of the officer team that provides strategic direction and leadership for the Supervision & Regulation department.
This position directs a team of managers and individuals responsible for the consumer compliance risk specialist, analytical, and quality review functions, as well as the outreach function and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) supervisory program. This role supports all supervisory portfolios. The successful candidate is responsible for strategic planning for the consumer compliance business line within S&R and ensuring resources are appropriately allocated to convert strategic initiatives into operational plans. As part of the Bank and S&R leadership, the position works closely with senior leadership to identify business needs and delivery of long-term tactical solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to coordinate with and develop strong working relationships with numerous stakeholders including institution management, Reserve Bank management, Board staff, and colleagues at other supervisory Agencies. This person will lead or participate in supervisory guidance creation and implementation, improvement initiatives or department/System projects.
The AVP will demonstrate strong leadership and employee development capabilities. In collaboration with the officer team, the AVP will determine roles, performance expectations, and development needs for team managers, and provide leadership direction for development needs of staff members. He/she will provide ongoing feedback and coaching to build technical and leadership skills. He/she will create an environment that seeks diverse views and perspectives to promote constant improvement that supports the professional growth of team members.
· Bachelor’s degree in business related area required. Master’s degree with coursework in business related field preferred
· 10 years of direct-work related experience in consumer compliance, internal audit, and/or operational risk, including management experience (ideally in a financial institution or regulatory agency)
· Examiner Commissioning preferred
Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of regulatory processes and consumer protection banking laws and regulations and work experience applying knowledge to complex situations
· Working knowledge of emerging consumer issues, trends and ongoing developments in supervision, as well as a strong understanding of current industry risk management practices and emerging risk concerns
· Advanced technical skills and ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
· Demonstrated ability to build credibility and productive partnerships across all levels of an organization
· Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback, identify and develop leadership and management succession and build strong teams, including those in remote locations
· Proven ability to deliver strong written communication and facilitate and present products/services with complex concepts
· Proven ability to develop strategic plans in a complex business environment while identifying the need for and manage change to realize operational and strategic business improvements
· Proven ability to manage and deliver on multiple, complex projects and initiatives
· Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents with the intent to become U.S. Citizens
· As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
*Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Assistant Vice President - Consumer Compliance