Compliance Test Engineer | Tesla
- Model S
- Model X
- Model 3
- Tesla Account
- Sign In
- New Inventory
- Used Inventory
- Find Us
- Carbon Impact
Sign In Tesla Account Log Out
Compliance Test Engineer
Compliance Test Engineer
Location Fremont, California
Req. ID 60105
Job Type Full-time
Teslas Mission is to accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy.
Regulatory product compliance is a critical business function and a rapidly expanding sector. The role facilitates global market access by leveraging product and process legislation. Regulatory complexity is increasing and continuously evolving with many local, national and international codes, standards and regulations.
The Tesla Energy Compliance team is looking for a Compliance Test Engineer to support the global deployment of grid interactive, grid support and micro-grid inverters.
In this role youll be responsible for grid certification, ranging from CSR review and interpretation, defining test requirements and test methods, pass/fail criteria, data acquisition/analysis and presentation. Interfacing with third party Nationally Accredited Testing Laboratories/Notified Bodies and project planning/scheduling to obtain certification. Working within an ISO 17025 quality management framework.
- Develop test plans and program schedules
- Develop test criteria, methodologies and pass/fail criteria
- Support product registrations and permitting applications
- Debug/RCA non-conformities
- Support the research of new market entry requirements
- Consultant with engineering design teams
- Contribute to code and committee groups to aid in renewable code advancement
- Work with NRTLs to achieve product compliance (Plan and manage NRTLs)
- Minimum Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Strong understanding of grid interactive and grid support standards (Such as VDE 4105, AS 4777.2, IEEE 1547, UL 1741 SA, EN 50549, VDE 0126-1-1, CEI 0-21, G59)
- Thorough understanding of grid support functions (Such as ride through, SPF, anti-islanding, VW, VV)
- Experience with taking a product through a certification process
- Attention to detail and ability to navigate/interpret ambiguity of standards
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven track record in renewable product certifications
- Highly experienced in global grid interaction/support CSRs
- High voltage/power experience
- Experience with a multitude of laboratory equipment and data acquisition tools
Tesla Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the worlds transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the worlds best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Teslas workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. Were tackling the worlds most difficult and important problemsand we wouldnt succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Learn More About Tesla
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla 2018 About Elon Musk Privacy & Legal Contact Careers Get Newsletter Forums Locations Sign Out
- Canada (En)
- Canada (Fr)
- United Kingdom
- Other Europe
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
Become a Tesla Insider
Leave this field blank
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : https://www.tesla.com